Sunday, October 4, 2009

Dr. Alice

To be totally honest, I was a little confused as I moved around Dr. Alice's website. Even though there was a lot of information and links to things that would be beneficial to teachers, I felt as if I was fishing for information. In most cases if you want to find something good you have to hunt for it. Don't get me wrong I found something I felt was very interesting.
I came across a link called Instant Messaging. It was an article by Amanda O'Connor called "Instant Messaging: Friend or Foe of Student Writing." It was an interesting article. It discussed how instant messaging can be a good thing or a bad thing for students that are writing papers or just writing everyday. However, I saw how it would be a good thing in the classroom. First, students would have to have access to a computer/Internet in the classroom. In the article there was a teacher that had her class instant message another class and discuss a literature and writing assignments. I thought that was awesome for students to get involved with their classwork, especially when they are doing something that all students would love doing. I think all levels would get a kick out of it. I would have loved to do something like this when I was in high school especially when we had to read certain literature and write about them. However, I could see how it could become a problem. You would have students misspelling words or maybe not being on topic. In that case it would have to be in a controlled setting. All in all this was the only thing I found interesting on this website.

No comments:

Post a Comment