Sunday, October 11, 2009

Networked Student by Wendy Drexler

I really, really, really enjoyed this video. While I was watching all I could think about was there would be no need for a teacher because all of this is available. However, I felt that the teacher had to have a role in this. I loved how they connected the teacher with this student that was able to everything on his own. To me this is what every teacher should be. They should be able to give guidance, show how to do things properly, show how to differentiate between good and reliable information and also how to feel excited that a student is in control of their education.
I think I will be prepared to be a teacher of a networked student. I say this because I did not have a teacher to these kind of things for me. So therefore, I want to be able to give back to my students what was never given to me. I feel there is so much that students can learn on there own. And it takes a great teacher to help them discover that they can do it on their own and successful with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment