Sunday, September 27, 2009

What I've Learned This Year (Mr.McClung)

Mr. McClung made some wonderful points. I agree even though I am not a teacher, I remember when my teachers lack a lot of these points that he made. One statement he made, "Let your audience drive your instruction." There were days in the classroom when the teacher would ask a question and not even give a chance to think about an accurate answer. It was always just listen to the teacher and don't ask questions because every question asked is dumb. Which is horrible because I am still paying for that.
I also agree with the statement "the lesson you teach and the one you plan are always different." I say this because when I have presentations and I know exactly what I want to say or do it never comes out the way I've practiced in front of the mirror. It always seems to flow better because I am comfortable whereas in front of the mirror I am nervous because I can see myself. Weird I know! I also like the point about how teachers have to keep learning. I feel that is very important because it is more exciting to learn something different than the class last semester. I hope that I can implement some of these things in my classroom. I want to be the teacher that I did not have! I feel that these points by Mr. McClung will be very beneficial to me and any teacher.

No comments:

Post a Comment