Sunday, September 13, 2009

Michael Wesch

A Vision of Students today is much more different than what i expected. I could totally agree with each and every statement made by the students. College is not what is should be especially if you are attending a big university. To me it should not matter whether or not what type of college I am attending just as long as I am getting the right amount of of education. It is extremely overwhelming to be in big classrooms where the professors do not know your name or that you have to pay hundreds of dollars for one book that the teacher uses rarely. As far as studying and having a life there is not enough time in a day for any of it. When I first attended college I was at least expecting smaller classrooms and less busy work just to say I got my moneys worth. However, I get the exact opposite. Education is changing as a whole. As students we are starting to use more technology to help us understand things or to just get things done quicker and this video helped me to realize that.
There are a couple of things I would change and add to the video. First of all, I would change how fast the camera moves from one student to the next and how the camera focuses on the words. I found it kind of hard to read at times. As far as adding, I would add a group saying at the end to sum up what everything meant. My reasoning for this is because I was not sure at the end what everything really meant. Overall, it was a great video and should be shared throughout all college classrooms.

No comments:

Post a Comment