Sunday, September 6, 2009

What I Learned About Podcasting

I learned that podcasting can be very beneficial, very informative, and a lot of fun if it is done right. I learned a lot from langwitches.org in just ten minutes. I clicked on Podcasting with 3rd graders. I do not know if I did the right thing but it was very interesting to read about the project that was given to third graders. Their project was on Endangered Animals in Florida. It was so great to hear other voices besides teachers. The students were very active, they used different voices to get their point across. It was awesome. I honestly think they enjoyed this assignment. They knew their material enough to talk about it. It almost sounded like a skit but it was very entertaining and informative. I think students will get more out of hearing other students their ages teaching them about things that I would have thought were boring when I was in school. I would have loved to listen to something like this better yet, I would have loved to create this.
The most part I think that kept my attention was the different sound effects and how these children really did this. It was also good to know that these children were using things to better their research skills, speaking and communication skills, their storytelling skills, sound editing software skills, and much much more. I would love to do this in my classroom. I have a different outlook on podcast now. It makes me excited about all things I can do in my classroom. However, this podcast was better than students from EDM 310. Sorry!

No comments:

Post a Comment