Sunday, August 30, 2009

Podcasts

While listening to the Podcasts I incorporated a lot of useful material.  However, I also disliked some of them because the information was not straight forward.  I enjoyed David Warlick's ConnectLearning the most.  It was more structured and easy to listen to.  It was a workshop that included librarians and teachers giving their ideas of how podcasting can be used in the classrooms as well as the library.  There were many ideas I thought were very useful, like using them for Senior Projects because an interview was a part of their portfolio, recording class discussions so students would be able to back to it later to make notes and most of the one about interviewing teachers and principals for upcoming sixth graders or parents new to the area.  I really enjoyed David Warlick because to me he broke things down and elaborated on ideas.  To me I would say this podcast was very useful.

Edtechtalk: Teachers Teaching Teachers was also a useful podcast because once again it was teachers giving ideas about what worked in their classrooms as well as things they wanted to do in the future.  I liked the teacher that made the statement about letting go and letting students discover for themselves.  I also like the idea about letting students use their cellphones in the classroom to find information.  However, I like the point that was made about how in other countries they value their cellphone and how it is cheaper and easier for them to use versus how we have different tools to give us information.  

Kidcast 62: Some Thoughts on Video Podcasting was horrible to me but something were somewhat interesting.  He brought out some great points like video casting will get students comfortable with a camera, it will build their confidence along with helping them with communication.  However, he did a lot of back and forward with video casting versus audio.  He suggested that audio casting be used first and then eventually use video casting.  He also stated that video casting was time consuming.  To me he did a lot of rambling and it was boring because it was just him with no other input.

SmartBoard Lessons Podcast:  This was the worst podcast.  I am sorry but for the first ten minutes Ben talked about absolutely nothing.  I am a visual learner and listening to everything they were talking about I could not vision any of that being useful.  I liked the fact that Joan was on with him but it was horrible.  They did not keep my attention except when they were talking about Obama cookies.  Therefore, I got nothing from this podcast.  I am sure it was better after twenty minutes but I was bored to death.

No comments:

Post a Comment