Sunday, August 23, 2009

Great Job Ken Robinson

Ken Robinson was very funny and made perfect sense. He made a lot of great points in which I will think about as I start my teaching career. Sometimes, I feel I am not creative. I believe it is because I was not creative as much as I should have been in school and because I did not know how. Mr. Robinson stated that in Public Education, you will find mainly general subjects at the top and arts at the bottom which is very true. I remember when we hardly ever had a chance to draw, dance or even sing in the classroom. Right now you can ask a child what they did today at school and majority of time the child will talk about either outside or what they colored.

It is amazing how we all have a different way of learning. I was always a visual learner but found it very difficult to comprehend the lesson because it was taught one way. It was more confusing when the teacher forced me to learn the way she wanted me to learn and to this very day I still struggle with comprehension. I just wish I knew of a creative way to get through it. However, I am able to take points from this video and apply them to how I want to manage my classroom. I feel as teachers, we should be creative and teach our children how to be creative so they can learn better and learn more about themselves.

No comments:

Post a Comment