Monday, August 24, 2009

Harness Your Students' Digital Smarts

Vicki Davis is the epitome of the teacher that I would love to become.  I love a lot of the things she stated.  I am sometimes overwhelmed by how much I feel I need to know before I stand in front of a class.  I feel that in order to be an educator you have to know what you are educating on and Vickie Davis made me realize that we learn from each other.  We teach each other things on the daily basis.  It was awesome to know that she admitted to not knowing everything and that her students were teaching her how to do things.

I totally agree with her statement that having only paper and pencil only certain types of children will succeed.  I really enjoyed this video because the students were active in the classroom and that is something you rarely see in the classroom today.  I loved how the students were excited about there work which is how education should be.  I hope one day that I can empower my students the way Vicki Davis has empowered her students.

No comments:

Post a Comment